Owning a pet can add up quickly. The costs of bedding, toys, water dishes, treats and the ongoing expense of food can be overwhelming. It doesn’t matter if you own a cat, dog, hamster, reptile, snake or fish; food is something that you need to buy routinely. If you are looking to save on the expense of pet food you should look out for coupons. Keep reading to find out where to get coupons and how to use them on pet food.
Where to Find Coupons
There are many different ways to obtain pet food coupons. Some of the most common ways to get pet food coupons include:
- There are many websites dedicated to coupons. These websites allow you to simply search for a certain type of pet food coupon or brand coupon. You can simply print off these coupons at home and redeem them in store. You may also be able to use the coupon off the screen of your cellphone to redeem it. These coupons sites may have mailing lists that you can subscribe to that will send coupons directly to your inbox or will alert you during certain promotions.
- You can also look for pet food coupons on the company website of the brand of pet food you buy. Many pet food websites will feature promotions, loyalty programs and printable coupons. If you are in need of replenishing your pet’s food supply check on your favorite brand’s website.
- Although you may be prone to simply throwing away any flyers that come in the mail, there may be great savings inside. Many flyers will offer pet food coupons that you can redeem within a few weeks of receiving them. If you are looking to save money on pet food check your flyers.
- You may ignore your junk folder in your email account, but sometimes you can find great savings in there. Many flyers will get marked as junk that may offer pet food coupons. If you have signed up to receive coupons online be sure to check your junk email folder.
- Many websites will offer coupons if you sign up for their newsletters and promotions. This is a good way to be aware of available coupons so that you can stock up on pet food. Make sure to mark these emails as from a trusted sender so that they will not go to your junk mail folder.
Couponing is now easier than ever because you can have them sent directly to your email address or download them and print them from home. A few couponing tips to ensure you are successful at the checkout include:
- Be organized
- To make sure that you are not going to lose your coupons or forget to bring them with, you should put them in a safe place. Keep them in your wallet, purse or car console so that they are there when you need them.
- Check the date
- Many coupons expire so be sure to check the expiration date before trying to purchase something using them. Go through your coupons every few weeks and weed out the ones that no longer valid.
- Read the fine print
- Some coupons may have certain specifications in the fine print about how you can redeem the coupon or when you can use it. Read the fine print so that you won’t be surprised at the checkout.
- Stock up
- If you find coupons for the pet food that you use available you should stock up. If the savings are great enough you should purchase the maximum quantity allowed.
Pet food is a routine expense that you can easily save money on by using coupons to your advantage.