Nutrition bars are a good alternative for people who are on the go and can't always find time to eat something nutritious. They can be easily stored in a purse or backpack, and offer a quick and easy way to add to a person's diet. These bars offer healthy snacks which can be consumed at any time of the day. They are convenient, portable and tasty. Nutrition bars have many benefits that include helping with weight loss, boosting immunity, managing blood sugar levels and providing fiber.
Nutritional bars also provide healthy performance-enhancing benefits. At work, they can help with focus, mood elevation, or give an energy boost, especially during the mid-afternoon when people often feel tired and lethargic. In the gym after a long day at work, they can also help with an overall increase in health, energy, and mental performance. This article will explore the health benefits of using nutrition bars as well as discuss some popular nutrition bar brands.
Common Ingredients in Nutrition Bars
The healthiest ingredients in a nutrition bar are oats, protein powder, and nuts. They provide nutrients that help people achieve good health. The main reason these ingredients are used in bars is that they have enough fiber, protein and antioxidants that help with weight loss or maintain a healthy weight.
Nutrition bars provide a good source of protein. The protein is rarely derived from a meat-sourced ingredient. Almost all bars use whey protein to include consumers who might be vegetarians.
Nuts and seeds are also other good sources of protein, both necessary for an overall healthy diet. They also are high in fiber and lower in sugar and carbohydrates than many other foods that contain more processed ingredients. Many bars have nuts such as almonds, which provide a good balance of polyunsaturated fats. Fats play a vital role in lowering cholesterol levels and improving heart health. Bars will also include seeds because they are an additional source of concentrated protein which helps build muscles after a workout.
Popular Nutrition Bars
It's not just about taste that makes a great bar. You need to check how well the ingredients fit with your diet and its overall nutritional value.
- The Quest Nutrition Protein Bar - One of the most recommended bars by many health professionals is Quest Nutrition Protein, Carb, and Nut Bar. It does not contain any soy protein isolate, compared to other protein bars. Quest also contains no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose. The only ingredients in this bar are pea protein isolate, brown rice flour, sunflower seed butter, olive oil powder, guar gum, salt-free baking powder (if gluten-free), and dried egg.
- Fruit and Nut Bars - Fruit and nut bars are a great way to get a good snack without the calories. Here is a list of some of the most popular nutrition bars that you might want to consider:
- Clif Bar- one bar has 230 calories, 0 grams trans fat, and 40% daily fiber.
- Sunny Hills Bars- four bars have 210 calories each.
- PowerBar Performance Energy Bar - one bar has 190 calories with 10 grams of sugar.
- Vegetarian or Vegan-Friendly Bars - Vega bars often top the list of the most popular nutrition bars for vegetarians and vegans and those who want to avoid dairy-based ingredients or gluten-rich ingredients. Protein-packed Vega One Bars contain 12 grams protein, 18 percent daily value (DV) vitamin E, and 18 percent DV vitamin A. These gluten-free bars are made with vegan ingredients like organic coconut oil and chia seeds. The Vega One Bars are available in vanilla, chocolate brownie, strawberry cream cheese cupcake, and no-bake peanut butter cookie flavors. They are also available in several other flavors like blueberry lemonade or matcha green tea.