The Holidays are a great time to go travelling or to book your travel adventures. Vacations soothe the soul and relax the body while stimulating the mind. Everyone needs one at some point. Vacations can be expensive, so it’s important to look for a great deal. Holidays are the right time to do your planning.
Warm Weather Destinations are Prime!
Warm Weather travel is usually the most popular during late fall and winter. It’s a great time to go as well since prices are low! What’s the best time to book and travel south? Generally booking 1 to 1 ½ months in advance is the right timeframe and will result in the best deals.
Rather than travelling on Christmas itself, if you’re travelling on a budget or looking to save money you should aim to travel on Dec 1 to Dec 15. During this time the deals will be less expensive as it’s well known a lot of people wish to travel during the Christmas period itself. Resorts would like to balance out their occupancy so you can get this earlier time cheaper.
If you want to book between Jan 15-Feb 15 it’s best to wait until December has begun. The fares for this timeframe will lower after Thanksgiving has completed or sometimes you can find great deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
What are the destinations with the best Holiday deals?
- Mexico: Mexico has dozens of locations that make excellent travel destinations. Mexico has a rich culture that can be explored, but is also filled with beaches and comfortable resorts. Mexico offers the warm Gulf of Mexico and Mayan culture near Cancun. It also has great deals for resorts on the sunny beaches of Acapulco. If you’re looking for something a little more rustic but still featuring all of the amenities and resorts, a visit to Huatulco in the southern portion of Mexico is perfect! Additionally the Holiday season avoids Mexico’s rainy season. So from November through March you can enjoy sunny sky and warm weather!
- Arizona and California: The American southwest has so much to explore and is a bargain during the Holiday season. Flight prices to the southwest are often discounted by great amounts. Whether you want to go backpacking down the grand canyon, or take a shopping trip down Rodeo Dr, the holidays are a chance to do so on a discount.
- Hawaii: Get ready for Lei’s, palm trees and surfing. Hawaii has some of their biggest discount periods around the holidays, and especially between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Flights will be available to all 4 islands’ airports at a discount, so you can always go where you want there!
- Peru: Climbing to the peaks of Machu Picchu is one of the dream vacations for thousands of people. During the holiday season it may be at its closest to being a reality. Flights to Peru are often heavily discounted. Peru features a very meat heavy diet, so be prepared for some potential bodily reactions.
- Saint Lucia: Saint Lucia is an incredibly beautiful Caribbean island and is waiting for you around the holidays. Explore the culture, beaches and incredible food at a discount with flights dropping up to 40%!