Keeping your skin looking great depends on your skin routine. It is very important to take care of your skin using the right products including cleansers, scrubs, moisturizers and sunscreen. Creating a skin routine that you follow daily can make your skin look radiant today and glowing in the future. Many people overlook incorporating a facial scrub or exfoliator in their skin care routine, but they have many benefits. Keep reading to find out more about facial scrubs and exfoliators.
Facial scrubs are a type of cleansing product that removes dead skin cells, oil, bacteria and dirt. This unclogs the skin pores and allows the skin to breathe. Before purchasing a facial scrub you should know the basics. There are few main things you should look at in a facial scrub:
- The ingredients that a facial scrub is made of is what will determine how well it works, but it is important to keep in mind that what works for one person’s skin might not work for another. Your skin type (oily, dry, combination, sensitive or normal) will determine what ingredients you are looking for. If you have sensitive skin you will want to avoid harsh ingredients that may exacerbate your skin. Common ingredients found in facial scrubs include glycerin, oils, vitamins, charcoal, lanolin, microbeads, brown sugar, crushed oats, wax beads and more.
- Facial scrubs are available at a wide variety of price points. You can find cost-effective scrubs at your local pharmacy or expensive scrubs in luxury beauty supply stores. The choice of how much you are willing to spend is up to you, but keep in mind that it is the ingredients that determine how well the product works, not the price.
- The texture of facial scrubs can be rough and dry, or creamy with beads. It depends on the ingredients that are used and how finely ground they are. You will want to look for a scrub that is not too abrasive on the skin so that it gently removes dead skin cells without scratching or damaging it.
You can use a facial scrub a few times a week to help polish your skin and remove dirt from your pores.
You should use a facial exfoliator as part of your skincare regime. A facial exfoliator can help to deeply clean out your pores by removing bacteria, debris, excess sebum, oils and dead skin cells. A facial exfoliator will also allow for your other skin products including creams, serums and moisturizers to work into deeper layers of the skin. You should exfoliate your face once or twice a week depending on your skin type. You should also be gentle when using your exfoliator because using too much pressure can damage and scratch your skin.
If you are looking to purchase an exfoliator you should look at the following things:
- When choosing an exfoliator you should look at the ingredients it contains. If you have sensitive skin you will want to choose gentle ingredients. Some of the most common ingredients found in exfoliators include charcoal, wax beads, oils, sea salt, sugar, oats, microbeads and baking soda.
- Exfoliators are available at many different prices. You can find very inexpensive options and expensive luxury products as well. If you are looking for a very economical option you can even make your own exfoliator at home with ingredients found in your kitchen, including sea salt, sugar and rolled oats.
- The texture of an exfoliator will most likely be rough and grainy, but make sure that it isn’t too abrasive. There are also creamy and hydrating exfoliators available if you are looking for added moisture. Use gentle circles when applying your exfoliator to prevent damaging your skin.
Routinely using facial scrubs and exfoliators can remove dull and damaged skin revealing radiant and glowing skin.